A merchant account is a type of account that allows businesses in Botswana to accept PosoMoney payments in exchange for goods and services. A person to merchant(P2M) transaction therefore is a transfer from a customer’s wallet account to an authorized PosoMoney merchants’ wallet account.
Buy Goods in Eight (8) Easy Steps
The step by step process is as follows:
- Choose ‘Buy Goods’ from the PosoMoney menu
- Enter secret PIN/Security-code (4-8 digits)
- Enter the Merchant’s unique ID number
- Enter the amount of money to be sent to the merchant
- Confirm the amount and the merchant number by pressing ‘OK’
- Confirm buying goods by pressing ‘OK’
You should receive a message stating "the money is securely sent - waiting for PosoMoney"
- Confirmation message of successful P2M payment displayed
If you are going to operate a business and want to accept PosoMoney as a mode of payment, you need to obtaining a Merchant Account. As us how (contact centre).
Why use PosoMoney to Buy Goods
PosoMoney saves you costs, time and effort related to handling, and storing paper money. More importantly, there is no physical currency to be stolen.